SFPS Membership Benefits
As listed below, we offer our members numerous benefits. Part of your
donations go to support worthy plant-related organizations. Those contributions have included Montgomery Botanical Center, Fairchild
Tropical Botanic Garden and ZooMiami Palm Nursery.
The list below highlights a number of the benefits and opportunities you will enjoy as a member of our Society.
- Frequently issued electronic newsletter, the Coconut FREE Express
- Invitation to Private Garden Tours
- Free palm seeds and seedlings when available
- Attend five bimonthly meetings with a guest speaker
- Participate in huge holiday party
- Participate in plant auctions held at general meetings and the holiday party
- Learn palm biology and horticulture from experts
- Vote for Directors for the South Florida Palm Society Board
- Participate with volunteer projects at our local gardens
- Volunteer to join a palm committee
As palm enthuasists, we offer our members as a powerful resource to palm
biology. We can help our members on a wealth of questions regarding palm
identification, germination, propagation and cultivation.
Why Contribute to the South Florida Palm Society?
The South Florida Palm Society is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to disseminate information about and encourage interest in Palms and the use of those plants. Funds donated to the SFPS are used to help support local botanical gardens, individual research, planting projects and educational efforts.